Monday, November 21, 2022

Kierons rant with the Content priest



An old fox sparrow, sitting in his usual place, Ki usually passed him after his morning workouts.

This day, in his early twenties, kieron decided to sit with him, unsatisfied.

S "What's the matter?"
"I can't figure out how to increase my profile on social media."
"Oh, you on about that again? Why not take a break?"

Kieron, disgruntled as a fitness influencer face contorts like a discarded writer's page.

"You don't u
nderstand, if this or that gig ain't going to translate into workable attention that i can monetize into a living, I'm toast. I have to work."

The old sparrows eyes light up, trying to retort.

"Bu-"

"Yeah, old content priests like you don't know what it takes.."

"Why can't you spare yourself and be okay with life? You should be happy! What about living a life well lived?"

"That's a utilitarian nightmare, I'm not making a difference and nobody's seeing me."

For a moment, he storms off.

"I should be miserable!"

The preacher pulls back, trying to get some time to reflect.

"Kieron, you idiot."