Saturday, August 5, 2023

Streamin marathon thoughts

That's one thing off my bucket list.

I started streaming last month 2022-07-30-29-16-22

Before I had become a Couch-Sona, thrown into the Internet, with all these free platforms.

I streamed till I broke the algorithm, till I wanted to charge for on live, in demand appearances like Mark Twain and Seth Godin did for they're speeches. Of course I can't because a multi-national corporation like twitch owns the ip, I'm merely a freelance hobbyist who decided to pursue this professionally without getting paid.

Reasons for leaving a full time schedule on twitch.

  • A creative physical toll on my resources. The downward spiral of me feeling more like content and lack of creativity.
  • A share cropping relationship to what I gave. Not the collaboration building. I refuse to produce a nebulous 'content maker' to feed its algorithm.
  • An ego check, I don't want to be tethered to on social media platform, social media grooming it instead of doing meaningful projects. The number felt like they were approaching me.
  • Wanting to go adult/nsfw how can I explore the gay romance genre, including the bara genre if I have to keep hiding it from twitch? Do I have to couch cover all the explicit bits?

The strongest is number 2.

They don't share dignity to those who burn the candle at both ends, the cheapening of the work they encourage here is not in favour of any meaningful curation. It sucks away all time due to one appeal of being present, and doing it now rather than doing it asyncriousnously, even live in the chatrooms. It almost ain't never efficient.
Discovery, as if there's a Hollywood agent looking to find and promote my story for a high sum of money. As if it's calculable. It's all artifice out of one's control.

As if producing content allows it. Too much a conflict of interest.

As if we are Hollywood agents with that publicity to make stars with a snap of the fingers, It's not favourable to treat each other like that.

Unless one is on the frontier of this platform, able to capitalize it and retention. There are a lot of dreary steps and gatekeeping hoops that the creative will have to jump through that's the best for the platform, not for the creative. Twitch is made to captivate its audience with a lot of stuff.

Along with the sharecropping, yeah, unlike this blogger. I'm not sure how long Twitch will last, along with other platforms.

This was me trying to find a balance, I'm not sure that it's within a full-time streaming schedule on here.

So I streamed my art, the most sustainable thing for myself, not the most optimal path for the algorithm. Such a statistic could have done rear-view mirror behaviour. Even making my best streams, I felt at mercy to this mindless mechanization with the incentives I put in place.

It's okay.

I thank the connections and value I added with the networking I was able to do, yet the constraints of this are too much. I'm not sure the search engine optimization (seo) for twitch, with tricks to get on its first page. It is not the way I can make work that had pride in it.

This ain't even burnout, this was a lack of compensation of all the hard work by the platform, not any one in particular.

This is a dilemma I'm experimenting on.

Either play videogames/commentary (content) on twitch to maximize Seo and viewer per average. (This entirely compromises my creative mission). Or leave, with this hoop left behind.

Going to switch to twitch weekend streaming now. Picarto streaming for the rest. It has less of an audience base, yet the mathematical "gotta appeal to the masses" mindset is getting to me. Need to focus on learning.


Picarto and my weekend twitch strum


Is this the path one should follow? Influencer track documentary, 2 hours.

Social media fame, urghth.