Sunday, September 17, 2023

Three literacy book readings


(Cw: literacy on environmentalism and society.  Literacy is toxic to the mass market entertainer. )

You'd be wondering why I'd be reading outside myself. With me seing the temptation of being a agnostic entertainer. I'd have to say, with my own view to show with a blog with such low stakes, I'd think it'd be fitting to show that to establish myself as an iconoclast 'bara' artist. Then I may as well.

It does not feel like I'm throwing a tantrum when I write this. So I'll give my way, i don't expect any of this to be brought up in my streams.

Wheres the fear? These books or being a faceless mass entertainer with no authorship? I take the former.

A History of the the world of seven cheap things.
Raj Patel & Jason W. Moore

This book accounts the drive of industrialisation, from an ecological point of view. Things are moved cheaper and faster.

Snowball's Chance
John Reed

A fictional book on society, most likely in response to another books which was stolen from another. A fitting response from a point of view thats rarely displayed here.

Yet these are the point of views that make an artist, not a hack.

They made it for somebody specific.

Speaking of hacks, here's a parody of one.

Garth Merenghi's Terrortome

Now this is a unique parody on the hack, one with a brilliantly written sex scene that sent me in a laughing fit.

The hack does not have a point of view, a theme.

Wait, is this a hack-work? Doing sequels is a very commercial thing to do. Oh, well. Still recommended. It's so bad that it's an art. All over what not to do, yet the intent redeems it.

14 min of the show this book is based off, explained by Patrick Willems, with its unique parody.