Sunday, November 6, 2022

Fitness Talks, Twisted to untwisted.

Stomp, then an invisible crack

Yay, Another anecdote.

To have a constant problem, then to find a solution with something so simply. With the gift of hypertrophy.

There was a solution that was staring right into my face, it was a cure to my constant problem of twisting my ankles that plagued me for some while.

Whenever young, I had to issue of my foot destabilizing and falling down. It was unpredictable, it was due to weakness. An extreme inward inversion of the foot that'd twisted inward, leading to collapsing at the worst moments.

According to my parents, I had flat feet.

There'd be a pain with big bruise under the lateral ankle bone, the peroneal muscles under feet will bleed. Forming big bruises. One particular incident was myself rushing downstairs with steel-toed cap boots, so forceful it was it made me hobble for two weeks. The added weight of the shoe did not help, along with running down.

Too weak.

There was another attempt by a chiropractor to fix it with posture fixes, but again. It was due to my lack of adaption of progressive load. One that I don't want to stop.

Now more than ever, exercise of the calf raises, with the knee's flexed and extended. Have helped me tremendously.

Not once have I twisted my anke now after going to the gym, I can owe it to that. So I continue.