Aug 3, 2026

Leif Weatherbys frenchy Semiology book

Beware, French structuralist theory ahead


Since French semiology and all that terminology are in fashion now, somebody in the digital humanities had to reflect on the cultural tech zeitgeist that we're all facing. Being the one out of it.

Such as the term 'kitsch' and all the things that might team with a function and poesis, dyscobia, and a convincing case of non-consciousness beings about I am yet to suspend my judgement on that.

He does reveal that this kind of cultural panic and humanism have an archaic route within Noam Chomsky. Something I'm not going to have to watch out for are the coming years, as weembrace a rather radical centrism of data and pros of a scientific rigour.

The way such it is, as he has better terminology than all of American exceptionalism, though, is giving me solace, because such a spectacle we observe, and this is being understood now from outside of it, and that's going to be good enough in Europe.

Oh, the denial is getting remorseless, deeper in periods now as I explore the polemics.

The wars continue.